Scrum WithStyle offers the following courses both publicly and privately (for participants from your organisation only). All but the last course are certification courses leading to accreditation from Scrum Alliance.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM)
- Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster (CSP-SM)
- Certified Agile Leadership (CAL E+O)
- Certified Agile Leadership 2 (CAL2)
- Effective User Stories
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®)
Our Certified ScrumMaster course is an intensive deep dive into the world’s most popular Agile method: Scrum. It is an immersive learning experience emphasising hands-on participation through a mix of interactive seminars, group discussions, team activities, games and role-plays.
Focus: understanding the Scrum framework and starting points for playing the Scrum Master role.
Participants will learn:
- The philosophy, values and principles that guide you in becoming more Agile.
- The nature of principles such as Empirical Process Control, Iteration, Timeboxing and Self-organisation that provide an effective model for working in a complex environment.
- The Scrum roles in-depth and how they fit together to address Project Management.
- How to establish an environment to foster high-performance agile delivery including creating a Definition of Done and keeping a Product Backlog in a well-groomed state.
- Techniques for facilitating and participating in highly effective agile meetings each iteration and each day.
- How to leverage review and retrospective activities to produce better fit solutions and continuously improve our Scrum delivery capability.
Our CSM course is particularly suitable for those taking some level of leadership in respect to people and the agile process. This includes, but is not limited to ScrumMasters, Iteration Managers, Development Managers, Project Managers and Team Leads. This course is also relevant to those involved in hands-on agile delivery who wish to have an in-depth understanding of the Scrum process and how to get the most out of it. This includes Business Analysts, Developers, Testers, UX designers, Architects and Technical Writers.
Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®)
Our Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training course is a highly interactive workshop that takes participants beyond tactical techniques for Product Ownership to strategic and visionary Agile product leadership skills and practical tools.
- Scrum for Product Owners: sharpen your understanding of Scrum – especially the principles, events and artefacts of most importance to a Product Owner.
- The Product Owner Role: clarify the full breadth and depth of the Product Owner role well beyond The Scrum Guide before discovering a customer and creating a shared Product Vision.
- Product Strategy: do business impact mapping, hypothesis testing, segmentation and Agile roadmapping to shift the paradigm to outcomes and impacts over outputs.
- Prioritisation: practice telling user stories, framing meaningful Sprint Goals, ordering using multiple value dimensions, fore-casting and making trade-off decisions.
Our CSPO course is particularly suitable for those shaping the product/solution from a business perspective. This includes, but is not limited to Product Owners, Product Managers, Business Owners, and Business Analysts. This course is also highly relevant to those involved in coaching a Product Owner to be effective in their role. This includes Scrum Masters, Iteration Managers, and Agile Coaches.
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM®)
Our Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) course is the next step beyond CSM for anyone playing the Scrum Master or Agile Coach role. Our highly interactive A-CSM emphasises learning by doing and observing peers in action. Australia’s first ScrumMaster guides participants through activities and course work addressing the following themes.
Focus: practical techniques for Scrum Masters to be effective with one or more Scrum Teams.
Skills acquisition: participants discuss and apply skills in group facilitation, teaching stakeholders about Agile, diagnosing violations of Scrum, coaching as well as backlog item splitting and elaboration techniques.
Real-world challenges: participants practice structured impediment resolution and professional coaching using their real work challenges.
Multi-team scaling: participants discuss some of the biggest challenges of development at multi-team scale along with many options for addressing them.
Next level leadership: participants go into depth on team development, conflict resolution, technical practices, characteristics of Scrum Master’s leadership style and reflection on their own leadership journey.
Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster® (CSP-SM®)
Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) is the pinnacle accreditation for Scrum Masters with the world’s most widely respected Agile accreditation body. It provides participants with thinking tools and practical techniques to be impactful outside of the Scrum Team in the wider organisation.
Focus: thinking tools and practical techniques for Scrum Masters to be effective in the organisation, including outside of Scrum Teams.
Addressing the most difficult team challenges: participants address the most crucial of team development steps – team launch – as well as difficult scenarios to deal with as a facilitator.
Powerful principles made practical: participants unleash the power of Lean Thinking using Value Stream Mapping and the power of Systems Thinking using Causal Loop Diagrams.
Direct application at work: participants apply what they have learned to their work outside of the training course through 5 assignments covering: professional coaching, team culture change, an organisational intervention, mentoring and inter-team collaboration.
By presenting assignments to a small cohort, participants learn from each other about alternative ways to approach some of the biggest challenges as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach and gain fresh perspectives from a variety of contexts.
Certified Agile Leadership Credential I (CAL E+O)
In our Certified Agile Leadership CAL E+O training participants will learn to:
- Execute a step by step playbook for engaging leaders
- Overcome key Agile challenges
- Create the context for a high performance organisation
- Connect leadership behaviours with organisational culture
- Foster an “agile” organisation aligned with the Agile Mindset
- Work more effectively as a manager and with managers
- Redefine effective executive leadership
- Engage people to create high-performance organisational culture
- Evolve culture at all levels of the organisation
- Use key practices for leading lasting organisational growth
- See causes of resistance and mitigate them
- Have key conversations to clarify what is desired
- Enhance your own leadership skills
Michael Sahota’s CAL I course is particularly suitable for organisational leaders and organisational coaches. Organisational leaders include executives, vice presidents, directors, managers and program leads. Organisational coaches include Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, HR professionals, and internal change leaders.
Effective User Stories for Agile Requirements (EUS)
This class provides the knowledge and tools needed to identify and tell effective and accurate user stories. Participants will learn the six attributes all user stories must exhibit as well as the five additional guidelines for taking user stories from good to better. The class will also explore the use of user role modelling to tell the tricky initial user stories for a project.
Participants will learn:
- What User Stories are and what they are not
- The six attributes of a good story and how to achieve them
- A useful template for writing user stories
- Practical techniques for gathering user stories
- How much work to do up-front and how much to do just-in-time
Our Effective User Stories (EUS) course is particularly suitable for those discussing and elaborating stories and requirements. This includes, but is not limited to Product Owners, Business Analysts, User and Subject Matter Experts. This course is also highly relevant to those involved in clarifying and splitting stories including ScrumMasters and Development Team members.