The agile journey is often unclear without a compass and getting agile to stick involves substantial organisational and cultural change. This is particularly difficult to achieve without prior experience and through internal influence alone. During your agile journey, you’ll be glad to have a guide by your side who has travelled the path many times before.
We have several of Australia’s most experienced agile coaches available for consulting engagements or a short-term contract basis. Engagements range from a single day through to multiple months and regular health check and consulting sessions over many years. Specific focuses for coaching and consulting engagements include the following.
- Assessment / Health Check – Where are we at currently? What may be good next steps? May involve organisational culture, Agile practices assessment, team health check, Agile Fluency Diagnostic etc.
- Alignment and Leadership – why change and what do we want from Agile? May involve executives and/or senior management in alignment workshops.
- Scrum Kickstart– how can we get starting with Scrum? May involve team formation, role definition, ScrumMastering early Sprints, facilitating pre-Sprint and Sprint events, mentoring and coaching ScrumMasters, mentoring and coaching Product Owners, mentoring and coaching managers and other stakeholders etc.
- Targeted Improvement– how can we address improvement opportunity X? Targeted teaching, mentoring, coaching etc. around one or more specific areas identified by the client or through our assessment. Multi-day engagements may involve hands on implementation of new practices. Short engagements may be run as problem solving workshops where participants bring a variety of issues for analysis and identification of improvement options that are Agile-aligned. Areas we have focused on with clients in the past include Kanban Method practice, portfolio management, eXtreme Programming-style technical practices toward continuous delivery, backlog refinement and workflow improvement using Behaviour Driven Development, team building etc.
- Scaling– how can we scale Agile and Lean from one team to many teams or across dimensions such as leadership mindset, structures and non-product work toward optimisation outcomes such as agility, customer value, learning, engagement and performance? May involve establishing improvement vision and optimisation goals, organisation design, leadership coaching, facilitating large-scale events, establishing communities (of practice, to establish agreements) etc.
Please contact us to schedule an initial discussion about how Agile Coaching can benefit you.
What others say...
“best run course I have attended in my career thus far!”
“Just wanted to thank you again for your time running the CSM course. Really learned a lot and am excited to put the skills I learnt into practice. Superbly run from start to finish, very impressed by it all."
- Luke Ireland, GovTech Graduate, Department of Internal Affairs - June 2019
“eminent and knowledgeable”
“Excellent course. Rowan Bunning’s style is easy and informative. It is a privilege to be instructed by someone so eminent and knowledgeable."
- Dave Holland, Senior Software Developer, Aviat Networks - September 2018
“Great consolidation of relevant real life tools and techniques for experienced ScrumMasters. Great experience base and great facilitator."
- Jason Cameron, Senior Consultant, ASG Group - August 2018
“years of real life experience”
“Rowan Bunning is an excellent and experienced trainer, with years of real life experience in the development and Scrum processes. This was very apparent in the level of training that our CSM course group received at Scrum WithStyle.
Learning within different non work groups was a real eye opener as it gave me an insight into how other companies develop and work within the Scrum Agile framework. It was very different to how the company I work for has implemented the Agile framework.
Rowan was an expert at getting everyone in our training course engaged and collaborating in the learning process. It was a real facilitation success, and I could see everyone gained a better understanding of the course material."
- Paul Clarke, Senior Software Developer, Indue - June 2018
“BY FAR, the BEST experience for me”
“I have attended trainings for, and cleared SSYB, ITIL, PMP, PRINCE2 but I have to say that this particular training by Rowan Bunning is BY FAR, the BEST experience for me, mainly because of how Rowan keeps you engaged throughout. Rowan really explained concepts again and again and in detail. I’m amazed at the effort you have put in (in terms of handouts, charts etc. too) for this training and how energetic you are.”
- Amna Salis Khan, Technology Product Specialist - Telstra
"Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome training last week it was great learning new PO techniques."
- Daniel Dojcinovski, Agile Coach - Oakton
“certainly lived up to your reputation”
"First of all, let me thank you for the wonderful engagement and education for the last two days. You certainly lived up to your reputation in the market as a Scrum/Agile Coach. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to using it in our workplace and drive Agile from a strategic perspective. Thanks a lot for your course materials and the class slides."
- Murty Vysyaraju, Senior Management Consultant - NSW Department of Finance, Services and Information