- 0 (Registered)
Bookings for this A-CSM experience close one week prior to course commencement to allow for participants time to complete the pre-work required.
Our Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM™) course is focused on practical skills acquisition to help you to more effectively deal with your real-world challenges and take your leadership of Agile capability building to the next level. It builds on your learning and work experience during and since your CSM course. It is also the required next step for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches who are looking to attain the high bar of Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster® (CSP-SM®). Here are some reasons to become to a CSP.
An A-CSM credential says to your peers, employer and the job market that you have proven that you can work effectively as a ScrumMaster with teams, Product Owners, stakeholders, complimentary frameworks and techniques.
From your CSM you already know about the values, principles, and practices of Scrum. Now it is time to extend your capability to overcome the challenges that you have been facing in implementing it at work.
Having practised Scrum or a Scrum-like Agile approach for 12 months or more, you know that the ScrumMaster role is a very challenging role to perform in an impactful way. It involves much more than being just a “team facilitator”. It requires the development of a variety of skills from professional coaching to systems thinking to change and growth leadership whilst serving the Product Owner and broader organisation in addition to one or more development teams. It requires a deep understanding of Scrum, Agile and Lean principles as well as the confidence to challenge both yourself and your colleagues to change their thinking and unwind their ingrained habits.
Live Virtual Training
There’s no need to worry about missing out compared with in-person training. This course is not a series of pre-recorded videos that you passively watch. This A-CSM is a live interactive virtual experience with the trainer coming to you live from Sydney, Australia. It covers all the same learning objectives as our in-person A-CSMs – just using a different interaction medium. As a bonus, you will come away with a lot of practical techniques for remote working!
You can expect a highly interactive virtual learning experience with continuous live video amongst all participants. The course is designed to exploit the potential of state-of-the-art online collaboration tools as well as leveraging research-based adult eLearning approaches to maximise learner interaction and retention. All this from the comfort of your own home / office / home office!
Instead of sitting and staring at a screen for long 8 hour days, this course is scheduled in 4 hour sessions across 4 consecutive business days. The session timings in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) are as follows.
- Session 1: Monday 30th November 9am – 1pm (AEST)
- Session 2: Tuesday 1st December 9am – 1pm (AEST)
- Session 3: Wednesday 2nd December 9am – 1pm (AEST)
- Session 4: Thursday 3rd December 9am – 1pm (AEST)
The session timings in New Zealand Standard Time (NZST) are as follows:
- Session 1: Monday 30th November 11am – 3pm (NZST)
- Session 2: Tuesday 1st December 11am – 3pm (NZST)
- Session 3: Wednesday 2nd December 11am – 3pm (NZST)
- Session 4: Thursday 3rd December 11am – 3pm (NZST)
You will learn:
- Personal Development – identify your drivers, strengths and weaknesses as a ScrumMaster.
- Teaching Stakeholders – practice explaining Scrum to stakeholders who don’t share your frame of reference… including executives.
- Violations of Agile principles – better recognise when people are ignoring Agile principles, when Scrum’s self-adjusting empirical control is compromised and what to do about it.
- Team Dynamics – understand the attributes of effective teams, a rich team development model, be equipped with techniques for improving team performance and team development pitfalls to avoid.
- Conflict Navigation – recognise different types of conflict and ways to respond to it effectively.
- Facilitation – practice techniques for energising regular Scrum events and other meetings, getting past clashes of perspective to get the most out of groups and arrive at decisions that the group is committed to.
- Coaching – understand how professional coaching differs from advising and practice coaching techniques that you can use every day.
- Servant Leadership – learn about specific characteristics of a Servant-Leader and how to lead capability building from the stance of Servant-Leader.
- Serving the Product Owner – practice techniques for moving from vision to product backlog and through to refined backlog with shared understanding.
- Resolving Impediments – practice systems thinking techniques for revealing the dynamics causing impediments and where to best intervene to truly eliminate them.
- Definition of Done – practice surfacing what is required to deepen your Definition of Done to Potentially Releasable every Sprint.
- Complimentary frameworks – know when to leverage XP, Kanban and Lean Startup techniques in ways that complement Scrum.
- Engineering Practices – understand the various technical practices and how they improve the team’s ability to sustainably deliver potentially releasable increments and enable scaling.
- Scaling Scrum – understand key differences between scaling frameworks, gain techniques for visualising, reducing and eliminating dependencies and well as for facilitating large-scale meetings.
To earn the A-CSM certification, you must:
- meet the prerequisites (as stated below),
- participate for the full 16 contact hours, and
- complete all coursework, including all in-class coursework and any pre, during and post-training event coursework that we provide as part of the course.
Beyond this there is no certification test or exam for A-CSM.
Attaining your A-CSM is the second of three substantial accreditation steps toward becoming a Certified Scrum Professional in the ScrumMaster track (CSP-SM).
To obtain your Advanced Certified ScrumMaster accreditation, you must satisfy the following:
- Hold a current ‘active’ Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) accreditation*,
- Have at least one year of work experience in the role of ScrumMaster, and
- Actively participate in the full 16 contact hour course and complete all coursework to the satisfaction of the trainer.
* A participant who was first awarded their CSM more than two years ago and has not renewed it will no longer have an ‘active’ CSM.
- 16 contact hours of training with an Agile practitioner with 19+ years of experience and Certified Scrum Trainer since 2008
- Certification as an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) for participants who satisfy all coursework requirements to the satisfaction of the trainer.
- Digital Course Workbook containing all standard course material
- Graphic illustrations by trainer in addition to the workbook
- A digital portfolio of the collaborative work that you contribute to
- Extended Question & Answer Time in addition to the core course time
- Ongoing support via the Scrum WithStyle Alumni Workgroup on Slack
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, ACS or similar) for PDUs (available on request)
- Guidance on continuing your professional development along the Path to CSP.
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following discounts for early registration and for group bookings:
- $1,600 inc. GST regular price
- $250 off early bird special for bookings made more than 3 weeks prior to the course
- $250 off regular price when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together
- For a group of 6 or more participants, please contact us for a further discount
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Early bird >3 weeks prior||$1,350|
|Group of 3+ from same organisation||$1,350|
|Group of 6+ from same organisation||Contact us|
To register one or more participants, simply select the “BUY THIS COURSE” button at the top of this page and complete the online sign-up at Eventbrite.com
- Credit card – Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – choose “Pay by invoice” as Payment Method
- 4 Live Virtual Sessions
- A-CSM Certificate
- Active Certification for 2 years
- Digital Course Workbook
- Illustrations by Trainer
- Collaborative Work Portfolio
- Extended Q & A Time
- Ongoing Support via Slack
- PDU letter (optional)
Live Virtual via Video
Streamed live from Sydney, Australia