- 0 (Registered)
This Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) training course is an intensive workshop on one of the most critical roles defined by the world’s most popular Agile framework: Scrum.
We use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as visual modelling, simulations, role-plays and ‘Training from the Back of the Room’ activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
This course is organised and run using Scrum as a management framework. This allows for feedback and flexibility as well as experiencing Scrum in action throughout the course.
The Product Owner role is critical to maximising Return on Investment from agile product development / projects and is one of the most challenging yet rewarding of the agile roles. As the voice of the customer to the delivery team, a Product Owner needs to be able to work effectively not only with end users and other stakeholders but with the team on a daily basis.
This course provides guidance and practical tools for fulfilling the function of Product Ownership using the Scrum framework and a complimentary set of the most widely used Agile techniques including:
- Collaborative Envisioning,
- User Stories,
- Story Mapping,
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) management,
- Techniques for soliciting customer/stakeholder input on priorities,
- Product Backlog management,
- Rolling Release management, and
- Release Burndown with scope tracking.
Live Virtual Training
There’s no need to worry about missing out compared with in-person training. This course is not a series of pre-recorded videos that you passively watch. This CSPO is a live interactive virtual experience with the trainer coming to you live from Sydney, Australia. It covers all the same learning objectives as our in-person CSPOs – just using a different interaction medium. As a bonus, you will come away with a lot of practical techniques for remote working!
You can expect a highly interactive virtual learning experience with continuous live video amongst all participants. The course is designed to exploit the potential of state-of-the-art online collaboration tools as well as leveraging research-based adult eLearning approaches to maximise learner interaction and retention. All this from the comfort of your own home / office / home office!
Instead of sitting and staring at a screen for long 8 hour days, this course is scheduled in 4-hour sessions across 4 consecutive business days. The session timings in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) are as follows.
The session timings in New Zealand Standard Time (NZST) are as follows:
- 16 contact hours of training with an Agile practitioner with 19+ years of experience and Certified Scrum Trainer since 2008
- Certification as a Certified Product Owner (CSPO) for participants who meet the criteria with the Scrum Alliance.
- Digital Course Workbook containing all standard course material
- Graphic illustrations by trainer in addition to the workbook
- A digital portfolio of the collaborative work that you contribute to
- Extended Question & Answer Time in addition to the core course time
- Ongoing support via the Scrum WithStyle Alumni Workgroup on Slack
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, ACS or similar) for PDUs (available on request)
You will learn:
- The importance of iteration, learning and risk management in product development.
- What Scrum is and how a Product Owner works in this environment.
- What a Product Owner does and what it takes to perform the role well.
- How to create a shared vision.
- How to create and maintain a healthy Product Backlog.
- How to manage a Release to a successful outcome using agile techniques.
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- $1,600 (inc. GST) regular price
- $250 off early bird special for bookings made more than 2 weeks prior to the course
- $250 off the regular price when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together
- For a group of 6 or more participants, please contact us for a further discount
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Early bird >2 weeks prior||$1,350|
|Group of 3+ from the same organisation||$1,350|
|Group of 6+ from the same organisation||Contact us|
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the “Buy This Course” button at the top of this page and complete the online sign-up at Eventbrite.com
- Credit card – Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – choose “Pay by invoice” as Payment Method
Terms & Conditions can be found on the first page of the booking transaction at Eventbrite.com
Curriculum is empty
- 4 Live Virtual Sessions
- CSPO Certificate
- Active Certification for 2 years
- Digital Course Workbook
- Illustrations by Trainer
- Collaborative Work Portfolio
- Extended Q & A Time
- Ongoing Support via Slack
- PDU letter (optional)
Live Virtual via Video
Streamed live from Sydney, Australia