Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Virtual-Online 30 October – 3 November 2023
- 0 (Registered)
*NOTE: This course format is 4 hours per session starting at 830am (AEDT) / 1030am (NZDT) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 30th October to 3rd November 2023
Led by a former Product Owner
Rowan Bunning has played the role of Product Owner whilst Product Manager in a tech. start-up beginning in 2004. As a Scrum Master he has coached executive-level business owners to be highly effective Product Owners. These experiences enable him to speak from first-hand experience and illustrate through story telling what is possible when a Product Owner is fully empowered and skilled.
Having led over 400 Scrum certification courses since 2008, Rowan is one of the most experienced Scrum Trainers in the region.
Rowan has worked in pure-play product development without projects – an environment in which Agile and Product Ownership are particular effective. His training examines how top tech. companies do product innovation. If you work in a corporate project environment, many of the same techniques can be applied and can be game-changing.
Real world stories and hard-won advice from Rowan’s hands-on Product Owner experience make this training compelling. Small group exercises through the course using a broad selection of the most powerful tools for Product Owners make it highly practical with numerous tools and reference material to immediately apply in your work.
Live Virtual Training
There’s no need to worry about missing out compared with in-person training. This course is not a series of pre-recorded videos that you passively watch. This CSPO is a live interactive virtual experience with the trainer coming to you live from Sydney, Australia. It covers all the same learning objectives as our in-person CSPOs – just using a different interaction medium. As a bonus, you will come away with a lot of practical techniques for remote working!
You can expect a highly interactive virtual learning experience with continuous live video amongst all participants. The course is designed to exploit the potential of state-of-the-art online collaboration tools as well as leveraging research-based adult eLearning approaches to maximise learner interaction and retention. All this from the comfort of your own home / office / home office!
This course is scheduled in 4 hour sessions across 4 business days. The session timings in Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) are as follows:
- Session 1: Monday 30th October 830am – 1230pm (AEDT)
- Session 2: Tuesday 31st October 830am – 1230pm (AEDT)
- Session 3: Thursday 2nd November 830am – 1230pm (AEDT)
- Session 4: Friday 3rd November 830am – 1230pm (AEDT)
The session timings in New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT) are as follows:
- Session 1: Monday 30th October 1030am – 230pm (NZDT)
- Session 2: Tuesday 31st October 1030am – 230pm (NZDT)
- Session 3: Thursday 2nd November 1030am – 230pm (NZDT)
- Session 4: Friday 3rd November 1030am – 230pm (NZDT)
How to earn Certification
This Certified Scrum Product Owner training course is all-inclusive of a globally recognised certification with the Scrum Alliance for participants who fulfil the participation requirements defined by Scrum Alliance and are validated by the trainer as having met the learning objectives during the course. Whilst some prior coursework including reading and video material is required, there is no post-course exam.
This course qualifies Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Addressing the big Product Owner challenges to boost your career
The Product Owners that we work with are encountering many challenges that limit their effectiveness. These include poor understanding of the role, lack of empowerment, lack of product management techniques for working with product vision and strategy as well as too much time consumed by ineffective stakeholder meetings and detailed story clarification. All this whilst trying to make difficult Product steering decisions in an environment of uncertainty!
Scrum WithStyle’s Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) course addresses all of the above challenges head-on and from personal experience. We debunk Product Owner role myths, explore practical ways to increase empowerment, apply multiple techniques for working at the strategic and vision levels as well as ways to make user, customer and other stakeholder interactions more productive whilst delegating much of the heavy lifting on detail appropriately.
Product Owners and the professionals that coach, support and manage them will leave this course with deep insights, many practical tools and a spark of inspiration toward taking their career from requirement specifier to product leader and entrepreneur.
Just as themes on a Product Backlog tie together items in a meaningful way, themes tie together our course content as follows.
- Scrum for Product Owners: sharpen your understanding of Scrum – especially the principles, events and artefacts of most importance to a Product Owner.
- The Product Owner Role: clarify the full breadth and depth of the Product Owner role well beyond The Scrum Guide before discovering a customer and creating a shared Product Vision.
- Product Strategy: do business impact mapping, hypothesis testing, segmentation and Agile roadmapping to shift the paradigm to outcomes and impacts over outputs.
- Prioritisation: practice telling user stories, framing meaningful Sprint Goals, ordering using multiple value dimensions, fore-casting and making trade-off decisions.
- 16 contact hours of training – with an Agile practitioner with over 19 years of experience and Certified Scrum Trainer since 2008.
- CSPO Certification – for participants who meet the criteria with the Scrum Alliance.
- 2 yrs active accreditation – with option to renew through Scrum Alliance.
- All course material – PDF export of the entire Miro workspace including all course material and output from group exercises.
- Personal Workbook – containing your notes.
- Product Owner Responsibilities List – a compilation from authoritative sources that goes well beyond that found in The Scrum Guide.
- Example Checklist for Product Owners – unique to Scrum WithStyle used to self-assess your current fulfilment of the Product Owner role.
- Impact Mapping facilitation guide – full of tips for facilitating these game-changing workshops with stakeholders.
- Product Backlog ROI prioritisation template – a sophisticated Product Backlog with a generic prioritisation formula allowing you to prioritise by relative ROI across multiple dimensions of value.
- Story Splitting resources – multiple resources including over 30 ways to split Product Backlog Items.
- Ongoing Support – ask questions any time ongoing in the Scrum WithStyle Alumni workspace on Slack.
What participants are saying
All of these reviews are of our virtual online CSPO experience.
“Amazing. I found this incredibly valuable. It was great learning that what I thought I knew based on previous experience was not necessarily correct and am glad to have learnt that before I kick off my Product Owner role! Some great tips and tricks and learnings. The breakout groups were incredibly valuable for me, I had some really great people in mine who shared a wealth of knowledge and experience.”
– Briony Willing, Content Designer
“Really engaging, and educational for all levels of PO.”
– Blake Lahiff, Product Owner at OneBlink
“Very insightful, engaging and highly valuable – as a Product Designer and involved with Agile concepts/engagements each day this has solidified my knowledge and taken the rough edges off of my understanding of things.”
– Brian Lyall, User Experience Practice Lead at Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI)
“Highly interactive and practical, a down to earth view of how POs fit into a Scrum team.”
– Matthew Williams, Co-Founder/Technical Director at Spotto
“If you’d like to learn about Scrum and Agile, and how the PO fits into it along with what’s good vs bad practice, tools and techniques to use, different frameworks, models etc., then this course is for you!
I personally learnt a lot from this course and I’m looking forward to applying it in my workplace.
Thanks heaps to Rowan and everyone else involved! I reckon this course has been adapted to an online version quite well, all things considered. Loved hearing from others in the session and knowing that a lot of us are in the same boat when it comes to this product world!”
– Kavi Kishore, Business Analyst at Xero
Descriptions of trainer Rowan Bunning
– Johnathan Boyd
“Super great coach”
– Susie Jang
“Down to earth, able to manage the session skilfully whilst also providing valuable 1:1 time.”
– Matthew Williams
“Excellent! Cool, calm, collected and was able to answer ALL of the questions!”
– Kavi Kishore
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- AUD $1,400 inc. GST regular price
- AUD $220 off early bird special for bookings made more than 2 weeks prior to the course
- AUD $220 off regular price when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together
- For a group of 6 or more participants, please contact us for a further discount
The following table shows the total price in AUD inc. GST for each situation.
|Early bird >2 weeks prior||$1,180|
|Group of 3+ from same org.||$1,180|
|Group of 6+ from same org.||Contact us|
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the “BUY NOW!” button at the top of this page and complete the online sign-up at Eventbrite.com
- Credit card – Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – choose “Pay by invoice” as Payment Method. For New Zealand residents paying by EFT, please contact our partner Equinox IT to receive an invoice and transfer details.
Terms & Conditions can be found on the first page of the booking transaction at Eventbrite.com
Curriculum is empty