Certified Scrum Professional®-ScrumMaster (CSP®-SM) 16-17 & 23-24 March 2023
- CSP-SM, Live-Online
- 0 (Registered)
Rarely offered as a live interactive training in this time-zone.
Bookings close one week prior to course commencement to allow time to complete the preparatory course work.
Our Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster offering builds on the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster course to tackle the organisational system beyond the Scrum Team. Achieving the CSP-SM accreditation requires a demonstration of the ability to work effectively outside of a Scrum Team as well as a broad toolset of techniques and knowledge of when to apply what. For a course overview see the Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) landing page on the Scrum WithStyle website.
Some of the learning objectives require the application of techniques in a context that cannot be readily simulated in a classroom environment. Our programme requires participants to demonstrate such techniques in their workplace.
Our CSP-SM is not just 16 contact hours of training. In addition to the intensive virtual training, it provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to apply techniques in your workplace and learn from the varied ways that others in a small cohort approach the same assignment.
A Multi-Part Learning Journey
Think of CSP-SM as at least 5 days worth of personal development including the following:
- Pre-course orientation group call – approx. 1 hour
- Pre-training coursework and study – approx. 1 day equivalent
- Live virtual training – 16 contact hours
- Preparation of post-course assignments – approx. 1 day equivalent
- Presenting your post-course assignments and viewing presentations by members of your cohort group – approx. 1 day equivalent over 5 x 90 minute calls
- Graduation call – 1 hour
A full outline of the post-course assignments in addition to the pre-course work is distributed to participants upon enrolment. Assignment work may be undertaken prior to the 16 contact hours of training as well as post-training.
Live Virtual Training
There’s no need to worry about missing out compared with in-person training. This course is not a series of pre-recorded videos that you passively watch. This CSP-SM is a live interactive virtual experience with the trainer coming to you live from Sydney, Australia. It covers all the same learning objectives as our in-person CSP-SMs – just using a different interaction medium. As a bonus, you will come away with a lot of practical techniques for remote working!
You can expect a highly interactive virtual learning experience with continuous live video amongst all participants. The course is designed to exploit the potential of state-of-the-art online collaboration tools as well as leveraging research-based adult eLearning approaches to maximise learner interaction and retention. All this from the comfort of your own home / office / home office!
This course is scheduled in 4 hour sessions across 4 business days. The session timings in Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) are as follows.
- Session 1: Thursday 16th March 9am – 1pm (AEDT)
- Session 2: Friday 17th March 9am – 1pm (AEDT)
- Session 3: Thursday 23rd March 9am – 1pm (AEDT)
- Session 4: Friday 24th March 9am – 1pm (AEDT)
The session timings in New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT) are as follows:
- Session 1: Thursday 16th March 11am – 3pm (NZDT)
- Session 2: Friday 17th March 11am – 3pm (NZDT)
- Session 3: Thursday 23rd March 11am – 3pm (NZDT)
- Session 4: Friday 24th March 11am – 3pm (NZDT)
You will learn:
- Team Launch: practical techniques for the most crucial stage of team development including team chartering with purpose, alignment, and context.
- Lean Thinking: bringing Lean principles into Scrum in a way that guides decisions about how to optimise your Scrum implementation.
- Advanced Facilitation: facilitation techniques beyond open discussion and in geographically distributed environments including when to use what technique.
- Coaching: psychological concepts and establishing a coaching agreement that creates a designed alliance between coach and coachees for a healthy coaching relationship.
- Service to the Product Owner: practical application of techniques to model business goals through to deliverables and shape Product Backlog from a user experience perspective.
- Systems Thinking: techniques for mapping a value stream and sharing mental models of organisational dynamics.
- Structures for Scaling: debate on the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to scaling the Product Owner role and organising the Product Backlog for multiple teams.
- Organisational Change: introduction to multiple organisational change models, experiences with changing team culture and sense-making to assess exposure to complicated vs complex.
- Software Craftsmanship: an overview of the craftsmanship movement, development practices at scale and application of acceptance-test driven development techniques./li>
- Scrum Mastery: identification of the learner’s personal edge living the Scrum Values and the next steps.
Accreditation & Certification
Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) represents the culmination of the Path to CSP programme and the highest-level accreditation that Scrum Alliance offers for ScrumMasters. Attaining Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster is the third and final step in the Path to CSP in the ScrumMaster track.
Achieving accreditation requires fulfilment of the full set of CSP-SM learning objectives both with the in-person training and the five assignments to be completed after the course including presentations to a cohort group and the trainer via video meeting.
A pre-requisite for enrolling in this learning experience is:
- at least two years of work experience in a ScrumMaster or closely related role; and
- day-to-day involvement with at least one Scrum Team and a mandate to work with the broader organisation that such Scrum Teams interact with.
A pre-requisite for CSP-SM accreditation is:
- a current Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) certification with Scrum Alliance.
Potential participants who wish to take the CSP-SM programme prior to completed the A-CSM should contact us before enrolling to discuss their readiness.
- 16 contact hours of training with a Certified Scrum Trainer® and Path to CSP Educator.
- Certification as a Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) for a 2-year term for participants who satisfy all coursework requirements to the satisfaction of the trainer including the post-course assignments.
- Digital Course Workbook containing all standard course material
- Graphic illustrations by trainer in addition to the workbook
- A digital portfolio of the collaborative work that you contribute to
- Question & Answer time in addition to the core course time
- Ongoing support via the Scrum WithStyle Alumni Workgroup on Slack
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, ACS or similar) for PDUs (available on request).
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following discounts for early registration and for group bookings:
- $1,870 inc. GST regular price
- $320 off early bird special for bookings made more than 4 weeks prior to the course
- $320 off regular price when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together
- For a group of 6 or more participants, please contact us for a further discount
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Early bird >4 weeks prior||$1,550|
|Group of 3+ from same organisation||$1,550|
|Group of 6+ from same organisation||Contact us|
To register one or more participants, simply select the “BOOK NOW” button at the top of this page and complete the online sign-up at Eventbrite.com
- Credit card – Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – choose “Pay by invoice” as Payment Method
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the “REGISTER NOW” button at the top of this page.
If you have any questions, please see the Frequently Asked Questions,
Call us on 1300 1 SCRUM (1300 172 786), or Send us a message
Curriculum is empty