Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), In-person, Wellington New Zealand, 9-10 March 2023
- 0 (Registered)
Learn from Australia’s first Scrum Master
After beginning his Agile journey with eXtreme Programming in 2001, Rowan Bunning began practising as a Scrum Master in 2003 and was the first in Australia to become a Certified ScrumMaster at the beginning of 2005. He was subsequently mentored by the first Scrum Trainer in Europe.
In his first few years as a Scrum Master Rowan coached a high performing team with an executive as Product Owner, led an organisation-wide Agile adoption and was instrumental in recovering a multi-million pound project in Europe. Such experiences are only the start of the many illuminating stories that Rowan embeds into his CSM training.
Rowan is the first and only educator in Australasia approved to teach all courses through to Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) for Scrum Masters. This includes Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) and Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster (CSP-SM). Starting your journey as a Scrum Master with Rowan means that you have the option to receive a smooth and coherent learning experience all the way through to the highest level offered for Scrum Masters.
Learn more about Rowan Bunning CST
How to earn Certification
Certified ScrumMaster is the most widely recognised Agile-related accreditation in the world. Certification body Scrum Alliance was founded in 2001 and is a not-for-profit association. With over 1 million practitioners having been accredited with Scrum Alliance, it is the largest Agile-specific professional membership organisation globally.
There are three steps to earning a Certified ScrumMaster accreditation:
- Familiarise yourself with Scrum through our pre-course study material,
- Complete our CSM course including 16 contact hours, and
- Pass the CSM Test administered online by Scrum Alliance within 90 days of completing the course.
For further information on the certification process, see the Certified ScrumMaster page on the Scrum Alliance website.
This course qualifies Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Prepare with our CSM Practice Tests
You can be very confident of not just passing but excelling at the CSM test after preparing with Scrum WithStyle.
We have crafted multiple practice CSM tests that you take at the end of sessions during the course. Each question follows the 4 option multiple choice format of the certification test with coverage of all CSM test topic areas. Substantial answers explanations are provided immediately upon responding to each question. The most difficult questions are discussed at the start of the final session.
Our practice tests are more difficult than the official Scrum Alliance certification test. As such, if you do well at the practice tests, you can expect to do even better at the certification test.
10 reasons to choose this course
- 13 years of refinement – your trainer – Rowan Bunning – has delivered over 400 Scrum Certification courses and has inspected and adapted this course frequently for over the last 13 years.
- Recommended again and again – many participants choose us based on word-of-mouth recommendation such as those below in the “What others are saying about this course” section.
- Emphasises the impactful Why? – unlike courses that stop at the process “mechanics” and spoon feed you tactical tips, this course focuses on the principles and deep insights. These allow you to navigate your own situationally appropriate tactics relative your context levering values and principles – something that is necessary for sustainable Agile.
- Smaller, more interactive class – some courses will have you compete to have your questions answered amongst 40 or more participants! We keep our class sizes small to provide plenty of opportunity for direct trainer interaction as well as hearing from a diverse group of other learners. Our typical class size is 12 with a maximum of 20.
- Stories from over 20 years of experience – Rowan brings the principles alive with (often dramatic) Agile adoption stories from the trenches in a wide variety of organisations both down under and in Europe since 2001.
- Learn from the region’s first Path to CSP Educator – Rowan is the first trainer in Australasia to be approved to teach Advanced CSM courses. This CSM course prepares you to take the Path all the way to Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) – the ultimate accreditation for a ScrumMaster – with a consistent learning programme.
- Rich mix of learning approaches – we use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as problem solving discussions, visual modelling and neuroscience-aligned Training from the Back of the Room activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
- All Course Material – you will receive all course material used including an annotated workbook, practical tips not found elsewhere and CSM Practice Test answer explanations.
- Detailed next steps – since we teach the next course after CSM – Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) – we offer detailed information on how you can prepare for taking the next major step in your professional development as a Scrum Master.
- Ongoing support – have a question (or three) later on? Graduation from this course gains you access to the Scrum WithStyle Alumni community which has an active discussion forum on Slack where the trainer and many other experienced practitioners respond to your ongoing queries.
- 16 contact hours of training – with an Agile practitioner with over 20 years of experience and Certified Scrum Trainer since 2008.
- Certification Test – administered online by Scrum Alliance.
- Practice Tests – including answer explanations for our exclusive CSM practice test.
- CSM Certification – active for 2 years for participants who pass the post-course Certification Test.
- Comprehensive Personal Workbook – containing all coursematerial with space for your group work and notes.
- Resources for Succeeding with Scrum at Work – this includes Daily Scrum tips, Guidance on Encouraging Shared Responsibility and Self-organisation and an Example Checklist for Scrum Masters.
- Ongoing Support – ask questions any time ongoing in the Scrum WithStyle Alumni workspace on Slack.
- PDU Letter – a letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, ACS or similar) for PDUs (available on request)
- Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea will be provided as well as unlimited tea, coffee and water throughout the day.
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- NZD $1,900 inc. GST regular price
- NZD $200 off early bird special for bookings made more than 3 weeks prior to the course
- NZD $200 off regular price when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together
- For a group of 6 or more participants, please contact us for a further discount
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
Regular ticket NZD $1,900 Early bird >3 weeks prior NZD $1,700 Group of 3+ from same org. AUD $1,700 Group of 6+ from same org. Contact us
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the “BOOK NOW” button at the top of this page.
- Credit card – Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – choose “Pay by invoice” as Payment Method
What participants are saying
All of these reviews are of our in-person CSM experience.
“Just wanted to thank you again for your time running the CSM course. Really learned a lot and am excited to put the skills I learnt into practice. Superbly run from start to finish, very impressed by it all.
Best run course I have attended in my career thus far!”
– Luke Ireland, GovTech Graduate at Department of Internal affairs
Curriculum is empty