- 0 (Registered)
This Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is an intensive deep dive into the world’s most popular Agile method: Scrum.
Live Virtual Training
There’s no need to worry about missing out compared with in-person training. This course is not a series of pre-recorded videos that you passively watch. This CSM is a live interactive virtual experience with the trainer coming to you live from Sydney, Australia. It covers all the same learning objectives as our in-person CSMs – just using a different interaction medium. As a bonus, you will come away with a lot of practical techniques for remote working!
You can expect a highly interactive virtual learning experience with continuous live video amongst all participants. The course is designed to exploit the potential of state-of-the-art online collaboration tools as well as leveraging research-based adult eLearning approaches to maximise learner interaction and retention. All this from the comfort of your own home / office / home office!
Instead of sitting and staring at a screen for long 8 hour days, this course is scheduled in 3 hour sessions across 5 consecutive business days. The standard session timings are from 2pm to 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) as follows.
How to Achieve Certification
Certified ScrumMaster is the most widely recognised Agile-related accreditation in the world. Certification body Scrum Alliance was founded in 2001 and is a not-for-profit association. With over 1 million practitioners having been accredited with Scrum Alliance, it is the largest Agile-specific professional membership organisation globally.
There are three steps to becoming a Certified ScrumMaster:
- Familiarise yourself with Scrum through the pre-course study material provided by Scrum WithStyle (see the “Who Should Attend” tab)
- Complete our Virtual CSM course including 16 contact hours
- Pass the CSM Test after the course administered online by Scrum Alliance
For further information on the certification process, see the Certified ScrumMaster page on the Scrum Alliance website.
This course qualifies Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
10 reasons to choose this course
- 11 years of refinement – your trainer – Rowan Bunning – has delivered over 380 Scrum Certification courses and has inspected and adapted this course frequently for over the last 11 years.
- Recommended again and again – many participants choose us based on word-of-mouth recommendation such as those below in the “What others are saying about this course” section.
- Emphasises the impactful Why? – unlike courses that stop at the process “mechanics” and spoon feed you tactical tips, this course focuses on the principles and deep insights. These allow you to navigate your own situationally appropriate tactics relative your context levering values and principles – something that is neceeary for sustainable Agile.
- Smaller, more interactive class – some courses will have you compete to have your questions answered amongst 40 or more participants! We keep our class sizes small to provide plenty of opportunity for direct trainer interaction as well as hearing from a diverse group of other learners. Our typical class size is 12 with a maximum of 20.
- Stories from 19 years of experience – Rowan brings the principles alive with (often dramatic) Agile adoption stories from the trenches in a wide variety of organisations both down under and in Europe since 2001.
- Learn from the region’s first Path to CSP Educator – Rowan is the first trainer in Australasia to be approved to teach Advanced CSM courses. This CSM course prepares you to take the Path all the way to Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) – the ultimate accreditation for a ScrumMaster – with a consistent learning programme.
- Rich mix of learning approaches – we use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as problem solving discussions, visual modelling and neuroscience-aligned Training from the Back of the Room activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
- Comprehensive workbook – you will receive a comprehensive course workbook including worksheets on key topics, detailed information on the Scrum Roles not found elsewhere, recommended reading and further resources to assist you post-course, including in your CSM Test preparation.
- Ongoing support – have a question (or three) later on? This course gains you access to the Scrum WithStyle Alumni community which has an active discussion forum on Slack where the trainer and many other experienced practitioners respond to your ongoing queries. You will have already received a substantial post-course email packed with resources and customised to the questions raised during the course.
- Detailed next steps – since we teach the next course after CSM – Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) – we offer detailed information on how you can prepare for taking the next major step in your professional development as a ScrumMaster.
- 16 contact hours of training with an Agile practitioner with 19+ years of experience and Certified Scrum Trainer since 2008
- Certification Test administered online by Scrum Alliance
- Certification as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) active for 2 years for participants who pass the post-course Certification Test
- Digital Course Workbook containing all standard course material
- Graphic illustrations by trainer in addition to the workbook
- A digital portfolio of the collaborative work that you contribute to
- Extended Question & Answer Time in addition to the core course time
- Ongoing support via the Scrum WithStyle Alumni Workgroup on Slack
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, ACS or similar) for PDUs (available on request)
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- $1,600 inc. GST regular price
- $250 off early bird special for bookings made more than 2 weeks prior to the course
- $250 off regular price when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together
- For a group of 6 or more participants, please contact us for a further discount
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Early bird >2 weeks prior||$1,350|
|Group of 3+ from same organisation||$1,350|
|Group of 6+ from same organisation||Contact us|
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the “Buy This Course” button at the top of this page and complete the online sign-up at Eventbrite.com
- Credit card – Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – choose “Pay by invoice” as Payment Method
Terms & Conditions can be found on the first page of the booking transaction at Eventbrite.com
What others are saying about this course
“years of real life experience”
“Rowan Bunning is an excellent and experienced trainer, with years of real life experience in the development and Scrum processes. This was very apparent in the level of training that our CSM course group received at Scrum WithStyle.
Learning within different non work groups was a real eye opener as it gave me an insight into how other companies develop and work within the Scrum Agile framework. It was very different to how the company I work for has implemented the Agile framework.
Rowan was an expert at getting everyone in our training course engaged and collaborating in the learning process. It was a real facilitation success, and I could see everyone gained a better understanding of the course material.”
– Paul Clarke, Senior Software Developer, Indue
“BY FAR, the BEST experience for me”
“I have attended trainings for, and cleared SSYB, ITIL, PMP, PRINCE2 but I have to say that this particular training by Rowan Bunning is BY FAR, the BEST experience for me, mainly because of how Rowan keeps you engaged throughout. Rowan really explained concepts again and again and in detail. I’m amazed at the effort you have put in (in terms of handouts, charts etc. too) for this training and how energetic you are.”
– Amna Salis Khan, Technology Product Specialist – Telstra
“certainly lived up to your reputation”
“First of all, let me thank you for the wonderful engagement and education for the last two days. You certainly lived up to your reputation in the market as a Scrum/Agile Coach. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to using it in our workplace and drive Agile from a strategic perspective. Thanks a lot for your course materials and the class slides.”
– Murty Vysyaraju, Senior Management Consultant – NSW Department of Finance, Services and Information
1. Lean, Agile, and Scrum
2. Scrum Master Core Competencies
3. Service to the Development Team
4. Service to the Product Owner
5. Service to the Organization
- 5 Live Virtual Sessions
- CSM Certificate after passing exam
- Active Certification for 2 years
- Digital Course Workbook
- Illustrations by Trainer
- Collaborative Work Portfolio
- Extended Q & A Time
- Ongoing Support via Slack
- PDU letter (optional)
Live Virtual via Video
Streamed live from Sydney, Australia