Guaranteed to Run
Our Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster offering builds on the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster course to tackle the organisational system beyond the Scrum Team. Achieving the CSP-SM accreditation requires a demonstration of ability to work effectively outside of a Scrum Team as well as a broad toolset of techniques and knowledge of when to apply what.
Some of the learning objectives require application of techniques in a context that cannot be readily simulated in a classroom environment. Our programme requires participants to demonstrate such techniques in their workplace.
Our CSP-SM is not just a two day in-person training. In addition to two intensive in-person training days, it provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to apply techniques in your workplace and learn from the varied ways that others in a small cohort approach the same assignment.
Think of CSP-SM as at least 5 days worth of personal development including the following.
- Pre-course orientation group call – approx. 45 mins
- Pre-training coursework and study – approx. 1 day equivalent
- In-person training – 2 days
- Preparation of post-course assignments – approx. 1 day equivalent
- Presenting your post-course assignments and viewing presentations by members of your cohort group – approx. 1 day equivalent over 5 x 90 minute calls
Note that bookings for this programme close one week prior to commencement of the in-person course to allow for participants time to complete the pre-work required.
A full outline of the post-course assignments in addition to the pre-course work is distributed to participants upon enrolment. Assignment work may be undertaking prior to the in-person training as well as post-training.
You will learn:
- Team Launch: practical techniques for the most crucial stage of team development including team chartering with purpose, alignment and context.
- Lean Thinking: bringing Lean principles into Scrum in a way that guides decisions about how optimise your Scrum implementation.
- Advanced Facilitation: facilitation techniques beyond open discussion and in geographically distributed environments including when to use what technique.
- Coaching: psychological concepts and establishing a coaching agreement that creates a designed alliance between coach and coachees for a healthy coaching relationship.
- Service to the Product Owner: practical application of techniques to model business goals through to deliverables and shape Product Backlog from a user experience perspective.
- Systems Thinking: techniques for mapping a value stream and sharing mental models of organisational dynamics.
- Structures for Scaling: debate on the strengths and weakness of different approaches to scaling the Product Owner role and organising the Product Backlog for multiple teams.
- Organisational Change: introduction to multiple organisational change models, experiences with changing team culture and sense making to assess exposure to complicated vs complex.
- Software Craftsmanship: overview of the craftsmanship movement, development practices at scale and application of acceptance-test driven development techniques.
- Scrum Mastery: identification of the learner’s personal edge living the Scrum Values and next steps.
- Two full days training with a Certified Scrum Trainer® and Path to CSP Educator.
- A printed course workbook.
- Full catering during the course including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Certification as a Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) for a 2 year term for participants who satisfy all coursework requirements to the satisfaction of the trainer including the post-course assignments.
- Ongoing support to have questions answered via the Scrum WithStyle Alumni network after completion of the programme.
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, ACS or similar) for PDUs (available on request).
Accreditation & Certification
Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster represents the culmination of the Path to CSP programme and the highest-level accreditation that Scrum Alliance offers for ScrumMasters. Attaining Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster is the third and final step in the Path to CSP in the ScrumMaster track.
Achieving accreditation requires fulfillment of the full set of CSP-SM learning objectives both with the in-person training and the five assignments to be completed after the course including presentations to a cohort group and the trainer via video meeting.
A pre-requisite for enrolling in this learning experience is:
- at least two years of work experience in a ScrumMaster or closely related role; and
- day-to-day involvement with at least one Scrum Team and a mandate to work with the broader organisation that such Scrum Teams interact with.
A pre-requisite for CSP-SM accreditation is:
- a current Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) certification with Scrum Alliance.
Potential participants who wish to take the CSP-SM programme prior to completed the A-CSM should contact us before enrolling to discuss their readiness.
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following discounts for early registration and for group bookings.
|Rate per participant inc. GST|
|Early bird rate – until 3 weeks prior to the course||$1,600|
|Group rate – for 3+ participants from the same organisation||$1,600|
- Credit card – Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – enter promo code INVOICE at checkout
- Cheque – enter promo code INVOICE at checkout
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the “BOOK NOW” button at the top of this page.