Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster (CSP-SM)
Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster represents the culmination of the Path to CSP programme and the highest-level accreditation that Scrum Alliance offers for ScrumMasters.
Scrum WithStyle is delighted to be the first provide in Australasia to offer the full Path to CSP for ScrumMasters.
Completing the Path to CSP is not just about completing a series of training courses, it is about demonstrating that you are skilled in applying advanced techniques effectively – including in a real work context. CSP-SM is about being a ScrumMaster that can work with the broader organisational system that surrounds their Scrum Team(s). One that is highly skilled and resourceful. A ScrumMaster in which employers and colleagues can be fully confident.
Our CSP-SM offering emphasises in-person interaction through a two day class plus multiple months of further interaction in a small cohort group. This differs from other offerings that are 100% virtual with no in-person interaction and potentially requiring calls with North America and Europe during the night in our time-zone.
The accelerated learning techniques employed in the two day in-person class broaden the ScrumMaster’s toolkit with many powerful and relevant but lesser known techniques such as modelling organisational dynamics, organisational change approaches, and psychological blocks to Agile adoption. The training format is also designed to provide insights and further depth in core ScrumMaster skills such as facilitation and coaching with an emphasis on practical considerations and connection to real-world contexts.
Beyond the two day class, participants deepen their learning experience through application of techniques in their workplace and discovering how other ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches applied such techniques in their context. This takes the form of five assignments that each involve presenting results back to a cohort group on video calls at intervals after the training. Group members are encouraged to ask questions and discuss their learnings from these experiences.
Application of key techniques in a real-world work environment and hearing stories from varied contexts provides a highly relevant learning experience that demonstrates deep and thorough fulfilment of the CSP-SM learning objectives.
As a holder of the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster credential, you can expect to:
- be equipped with additional tools and skills to operate more effectively and confidently – particularly with the broader organisation outside of the Scrum Team;
- be recognised as one of a small number of Certified Scrum Professionals in the country;
- advance your career and differentiate yourself further in the job market; and
- unlock the option to continue progressing into Guide level accreditations such as Certified Team Coach.
This offering is for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, Iteration Managers and Delivery Managers with a solid understanding of Scrum and substantial experience working with a Development Team and Product Owner. It is not for people new to Scrum and Agile.
A pre-requisite for enrolling in this learning experience is:
- a current Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) certification with Scrum Alliance; and
- day-to-day involvement with at least one Scrum Team and a mandate to work with the broader organisation that such Scrum Teams interact with.
A pre-requisite for CSP-SM accreditation is:
- at least 2 years of work experience in a ScrumMaster or closely related role within the last 5 years.
It is not necessary to wait a full 12 months after A-CSM to begin this CSP-SM programme.