CSP-SM Study Material
Updated: 29th May 2020
We will be building on a foundational familiarity with the material below during the interactive training. As such, being familiar with this material will accelerate and enhance your learning.
Even if you are generally familiar with a topic that an item below relates to, please read/watch this specific material on it.
Please put aside several hours for this.
CSP-SM Pre-work playlist on YouTube
For convenience, all of the videos in the list below are available as a playlist.
Full List of CSP-SM Study Material
- Team Launch Facilitation (PDF) on Scrum WithStyle site based on book by Diana Larsen and Ainsley Nies.
- How to Form Teams in Large-Scale Scrum: A Story of Self-Designing Teams by Ahmad Fahmy and Craig Larman.
- Team Models – The Katzenbach Smith Praxis Framework by Michael Küsters
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni.
- The Five C’s of Team Accountability (Updated for 2019) by Cathy McCullough:
- The Difference Between Lean and Agile by LongDa Yin.
- Lean and the 5 essential principles of Lean by Bzhwen A Kadin
- The Lean Primer by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde
- Steve Jobs on Quality:
- Deming Library Video with Dr. Deming Discussing the 14 Points
- Facilitation Skills Training: Managing Difficult Meeting Personalities by Dana Brownlee – only up to 3:44
- How to Be a Virtual Meeting Hero by students in Lecturer JD Schramm’s Strategic Communication at Stanford Graduate School of Business
- The Synergies between ORSC™ Coaching and Agile Coaching by Zuzana (Zuzi) Sochova
- Team Coaching Explained by Linda Berlot
- Establishing the Coaching Agreement by Chip McFarlane
- Designed Alliance 2 and Designed Alliance 3
- Systems thinking: a cautionary tale (cats in Borneo):
- Systems Thinking by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde:
- Systems Thinking: Causal Loop Diagrams by Dr Donna Gurule
- Large-Scale Scrum Scaling Agile – Challenges of Adoption – Interview with Craig Larman – up to at least 8:13
- Feature Team Primer by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde
- How Misconceptions About the Scrum Product Owner Role Harm Your Organization and What To Do About It by Michael James
- Complexity, Cynefin, and Agile
- A Leader’s Framework for Decision Making by David J. Snowden and Mary E. Boone
- 7 Differences between complex and complicated by Sonja Blignaut
That’s it. Thanks very much for investing in being well prepared and maximising the value that we can attain from our time together.
You will receive a calendar invite for the first session roughly a week prior containing the details required to join the video call. We look forward to seeing you in session 1.