A major component of earning an A-CSM or CSP-SM accreditation is demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience in a relevant role. A-CSM requires a minimum of 12 months. CSP-SM requires a minimum of 24 months.
Your work experience is reviewed by staff at Scrum Alliance in the USA (not your trainer). It must be filled out in a specific way in order to maximise your chance of being approved for accreditation.
Filling out your work experience correctly will maximise your chance of being approved for certification without delay.
To complete your work experience, follow the steps below.
- Login at https://www.scrumalliance.org/login
- Select your Dashboard then the Profile section. Direct link: https://certification.scrumalliance.org/dashboard.profile
- Select the Edit Profile button at the bottom of the top section of the page.
- Scroll down to the Work Experience section and select “+ Add Work Experience”.
- Fill out the section titled “Experience in a specific Scrum Role:”. The form is shown below.