About Scrum WithStyle
Scrum WithStyle has been operating since 2008 as a boutique provider of training and consultancy to IT and software development professionals in Australia and New Zealand. Our clients include many of Australia’s best-known brands in industries including financial services, federal and state government, health insurance, retail, manufacturing, security and media.
The company was founded by Rowan Bunning who is a pioneer of Scrum in Australia. Rowan has trained more than 2,000 people on Certified Scrum courses in Australia and New Zealand since 2008 making him one of the most experienced Scrum trainers in the Australasian region. Rowan worked as an Agile Coach at one of the most highly recognised Scrum consultancies in the U.K.
Unlike many other training providers who teach proprietary, non peer-reviewed method formulations marketed using the generic umbrella term 'Agile', our teaching and coaching is fully aligned with the authoritative definitions of the most widely used and peer-reviewed Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum as defined by its inventors and techniques (e.g. User Stories and Story Point Estimation as per Mike Cohn).
Join thousands of happy clients by choosing Scrum WithStyle to enhance your Agile journey.
|Certified ScrumMaster||Jul 04||Jul 05||Auckland, New Zealand||Available|
|Certified ScrumMaster||Aug 08||Aug 09||Sydney||Available|
|Certified Scrum Product Owner||Aug 18||Aug 19||Sydney||Available|
|Certified ScrumMaster||Sep 19||Sep 20||Wellington||Available|
|Certified ScrumMaster||Sep 22||Sep 23||Auckland, New Zealand||Available|
|Certified Scrum Product Owner||Sep 26||Sep 27||Auckland, New Zealand||Available|
|Certified ScrumMaster||Oct 05||Oct 06||Sydney||Available|
|Certified ScrumMaster||Nov 03||Nov 04||Canberra||Available|
|Certified ScrumMaster||Nov 07||Nov 08||Melbourne||Available|
|Certified ScrumMaster||Nov 21||Nov 22||Sydney||Available|
Slides from Illuminating the Potential of Scrum talk
We are delighted to make available the slides from Rowan's recent talks at the Scrum Australia conference and at the Sydney Scrum User Group.
Illuminating the potential of Scrum by comparing LeSS with SAFe
We can learn a lot about Scrum by studying the differences between LeSS and SAFe. These scaling frameworks differ dramatically in terms of
- the organisational problems that they are designed to solve,
- the principles they align to,
- the performance characteristics that you can expect from their adoption and
- the degree to which they leverage Scrum.
In shedding light on these differences we illuminate the big picture implications of Scrum.
You will discover how Scrum, when implemented as intended, has the potential to achieve the following, not just with a single team but at a scale of up to thousands of people.
- Scale vertically, not just horizontally to help thousands pull together as one.
- Reduce bureaucracy and increase business-development collaboration.
- Transform the win-lose contract game between business and IT into a win-win collaboration game.
- Focus everyone on the end-customer and re-structure around this.
- Produce a potentially shippable product increment every fortnight.
- Enable the organisation to "turn on a dime, for a dime".
- Enable resilient self-correcting of both What customer value is created and How it is created.
- Radically simplify organisational structure without the overheads of unnecessary specification, co-ordination and reporting roles.
- Unleash the potential of real self-managing teams without this being unwittingly constrained.
- Allow managers to shift from managing the what, the how and tracking to the much more impactful work of capability building.
This session also provides insights that many assist with a more informed decision as to which scaling framework to adopt.
The slides can now be found on slideshare.