Your Certified Scrum Product Owner course presents a learning opportunity that you are likely to get only once. A little preparation will go a long way in helping you to get the most out of our course time together. Please put aside at least 90 minutes to complete all of the following.
- The Manifesto for Agile Software Development – the original articulation of “Agile” | Link: https://agilemanifesto.org
In addition to the four value statements, please note the twelve principles. Please take the time to reflect on what these words mean as well as the degree to which you and those that you work with genuinely share these values and follow these principles.
This is the core body of Scrum knowledge that the course and post-course certification test are based on. With 17 pages of content, it is a short but very important read.
- Scrum Foundations eLearning Series videos (approx. 45 mins) – from Scrum Alliance | Link: https://www.scrumalliance.org/why-scrum/scrum-elearning-series
Watching these videos allow you to cover some of the Scrum Foundations at your own pace in as little as 45 minutes. Covering the Scrum Theory and Values, Roles, Events and Artefacts in this way allows us to use our time together for more in-depth and CSPO-specific material.
- Agile Product Ownership in a Nutshell video (16 mins) | Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=502ILHjX9EE
A well articulated explanation of the Product Owner role. Note that some terminology is not Scrum-specific and the scaling approach described in the final minute is not recommended for organisations interested in optimising for highest customer value.
- Impact Mapping – Visualizing impacts of your software with a demo with Astah (4 mins) | Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RznIi2WkJb0
You will need to be familiar with Impact Mapping to this level for an exercise half-way through the course.
Have basic stationery available
For some exercises we will be inviting you to draw or write with an old fashioned pen and paper! Please have the following basic stationery on hand for each of our online sessions.
- A couple of sheets of blank paper (ideally unlined)
- A pen – ideally a Sharpie or medium-thickness marker pen
That’s it for the CSPO Course Preparation reading and videos. Well done!
For Virtual Courses, please also work through our Virtual Classroom Preparation steps.